Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: N-800E cross over question, need some help to rebuild

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Derry's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2010
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    N-800E cross over question, need some help to rebuild

    going to replace the caps and wanted to ask if anyone had a schematic on this crossover, I could not find one on the internet,,

    I removed the cap and on the side of it is 4.0/10.5 150V which would be the values of the two caps I need for replacement if the crossover is left stock,, trying to follow the wire runs through the tar coating is not possible without removing most of it which I was wanting to avoid if at all possible,,

    photo attached,,

    also does anyone know what type of crossover this was called when built, some form of a butterworth possibly,,??

    hopefully someone has reworked one and has the answers,,

    thank you,,

    Derry

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: N-800E cross over question, need some help to rebuild

    I have the schematics for the N-800F used in the A-8 . This is not " by the book" crossover network. The MH are 3.5 and the MF are 10.5 and 4 .THe Valencia uses the N800-K

    Zilch would be the best person to answer your question.

    I would have to upload these prints to a photo web site in order to post it here.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Derry's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2010
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N-800E cross over question, need some help to rebuild

    thanks Licorne, I found your post with the schematic,,



    Derry

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    N-800E cross over question, need some help to rebuild


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: N-800E cross over question, need some help to rebuild

    Yes Zilch has worked on the Valencia front to back while sleeping.He can be found most days at Audiokarma,DIY audio, or Lansing Heritage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.